54 First Dance Songs for 2023For the Modern Couple.
One of our DJs (Michael Nickolich) has put together this list of song suggestions for their 2023 couples to consider. That is if they don’t already have a very special song picked out already for their first dance. You will find that some of these songs are covers of songs that you know very well. Others you will find a slowed down, or special edit just for weddings, or slow dance moments created by the artists themselves. Others are songs that the modern pace of society has almost forgotten. Some others are just songs that made the list because they are worth mentioning again. No matter what your music tastes are, you are sure to find a song in this list that will have you slow dancing with your special someone in the living room or perhaps even the kitchen.
54 of our top picks for first dance songs for 2023
1 – 15
1. “All of Me” by Kurt Schneider is a cover of the hit song by John Legend, featuring Schneider on piano and vocals. ▶️
2. “Amazed” by Drew Jacobs is a romantic country song about being in awe of the person you love. ▶️
3. “Banks” by Needtobreathe is a powerful and uplifting song that encourages listeners to keep pushing forward in pursuit of their dreams. ▶️
4. “Beyond” by Leon Bridges is a soulful and heartfelt ballad about falling deeply in love with someone. ▶️
5. “Butterflies” by Kacey Musgraves is a sweet and tender love song that celebrates the joy and excitement of falling in love. ▶️
6. “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” by Boyce Avenue is a beautiful acoustic cover of the classic song from Disney’s “The Lion King.” ▶️
7. “Conversations in the Dark” by John Legend is a romantic and intimate ballad about the deep connection between two people in love.▶️
8. “Crash Into Me” by Dave Matthews is a classic song from the 90s, featuring Matthews’ distinctive vocals and a mellow, laid-back sound. ▶️
9. “First Times” by Ed Sheeran is a sweet and nostalgic love song that celebrates the memories and moments that make a relationship special. ▶️
10. “From the Ground Up” by Dan + Shay is a heartfelt country ballad that celebrates the journey of building a life and a love together. ▶️
11. “Growing Old With You” by Restless Road is a romantic and optimistic song about the joys of growing old with the person you love. ▶️
12. “Happily Ever After” by Jordan Fisher is a romantic and uplifting ballad about finding true love and living happily ever after. ▶️
13. “Heaven” (Wedding Country Cover) by Jason Aldean is a beautiful country rendition of the classic song by Bryan Adams, perfect for a wedding or romantic occasion. ▶️
14. “Heaven” by Kane Brown is a heartfelt and emotional love song that expresses the deep love and devotion the singer has for his partner. ▶️
15. “I Am Yours” by Andy Grammer is a romantic and upbeat song about falling in love and wanting to spend the rest of your life with that person. ▶️
16 – 30
16. “I Like Me Better” (Acoustic Cover by lullaboy) – Lauv: A stripped-down, acoustic version of Lauv’s popular song about falling in love and feeling comfortable in one’s own skin. ▶️
17. “I Wanna Remember” – Needtobreathe & Carrie Underwood: A collaboration between two popular artists, this song is an uplifting, nostalgic tune about cherishing memories and the people we love. ▶️
18. “I Won’t Let Go” – James Morrison: A soulful ballad about holding onto someone and not letting them go, no matter what challenges come our way. ▶️
19. “I’d Pick You” – Praytell: A sweet and simple love song with acoustic guitar accompaniment, expressing the desire to choose a loved one above all else. ▶️
20. “Imagine” (Acoustic Version) – Ben Platt: A stripped-down version of John Lennon’s classic song, showcasing Platt’s raw vocals and emotional delivery. ▶️
21. “It’s You” – Maggie Rose: A heartfelt, soulful song about finding love and feeling complete with someone. ▶️
22. “Joy of My Life” – Chris Stapleton: A tender and romantic ballad about a partner being the joy and light in someone’s life. ▶️
23. “Keeper Of The Stars” – Tracy Byrd: A classic country ballad about the awe-inspiring beauty of the stars and the enduring love they represent. ▶️
24. “La Vie En Rose” – Daniela Andrade: A delicate and dreamy cover of Edith Piaf’s famous love song, sung in French with gentle guitar accompaniment. ▶️
25. “Lay It On Me” – Kasbo featuring Kelynan Lonsdale: An upbeat, electronic-pop song about the desire to be there for someone and share everything with them. ▶️
26. “Lifetime” – Justin Bieber: A romantic, mid-tempo song about the depth and longevity of true love. ▶️
27. “Louisa” – Lord Huron: A hauntingly beautiful, atmospheric song about longing for someone who is no longer there. ▶️
28. “Love” – Kendrick Lamar ft. Zacari: A smooth and introspective hip-hop track about the complexities of love, both good and bad. ▶️
29. “Love Don’t Change” – Jeremih: A soulful R&B ballad about the constancy of love, even as other things in life change. ▶️
30. “Lover Remix” – Taylor Swift: A remix of Taylor Swift’s hit song “Lover,” featuring additional vocals from Shawn Mendes and a slightly different production style. ▶️
31 – 45
31. “My Person” (Wedding Version) – Spencer Crandall: This version of Spencer Crandall’s song is a romantic ballad about finding your soulmate and dedicating your life to them on your wedding day. ▶️
32. “My Side of the Fence” – Dan + Shay: An upbeat country track about wanting to be with someone and do whatever it takes to make it work, even if it means leaving your comfort zone. ▶️
33. “Oasis” – A Great Big World: A mellow, dreamy song about finding a safe and peaceful place with someone you love, a sanctuary from the stresses of the world. ▶️
34. “Perfect” – Ed Sheeran & Beyonce: A duet between two powerhouse artists, “Perfect” is a romantic ballad about finding someone who completes you and making a life together. ▶️
35. “Prayed For You” – Matt Stell: A heartfelt country song about feeling grateful and blessed for finding the love of your life, and thanking a higher power for bringing them into your life. ▶️
36. “Precious Love” – James Morrison: A soulful and tender love song about cherishing every moment spent with someone you love. ▶️
37. “Real Love Baby” – Father John Misty: A catchy indie-folk tune about feeling lucky and grateful for the real love in your life, and celebrating the little moments. ▶️
38. “Simply the Best” – The Hound + The Fox: A cover of the Tina Turner classic, this version is a stripped-down, acoustic version that showcases the duo’s beautiful harmonies. ▶️
39. “Slow Dancing” – Aly & AJ: A nostalgic synth-pop track about the beauty and intimacy of slow dancing with someone you care about. ▶️
40. “Somewhere Only We Know” – Keane: A melancholy, piano-driven song about finding a secret place with someone you love, where you can be yourselves and escape from the world. ▶️
41. “Sparks” – Coldplay: An anthemic and upbeat song about the sparks that fly between two people when they first fall in love, and the feeling of being invincible together. ▶️
42. “Stand By You” – Rachel Platten: A powerful and uplifting pop song about standing by someone through thick and thin, no matter what comes your way. ▶️
43. “Sunday Morning” – Maroon 5: A laid-back, breezy pop-rock track about spending a lazy Sunday morning with someone special, enjoying each other’s company and taking it easy. ▶️
44. “Tuesdays” – Jake Scott: A heartwarming country ballad about the small, ordinary moments in a relationship that make it special, like Tuesday nights spent together. ▶️
45. “Tough Ones” – Cooper Alan: A powerful country rock song about the struggles and challenges that come with love, and the strength it takes to stick it out and make it work. ▶️
46 – 54
46. “Wanted” – Hunter Hayes: A country-pop song about the overwhelming feelings of love and devotion towards someone special. ▶️
47. “What Dreams Are Made Of” – Brent Morgan: A romantic country song about how love can make dreams come true. ▶️
48. “When I Say I Do” – Matthew West: A Christian pop song about making a lifelong commitment to love and cherish your partner in marriage. ▶️
49. “Wild” – John Legend & Gary Clark Jr.: A bluesy and soulful love song that expresses the intensity and passion of a wild and uninhibited love. ▶️
50. “Wildfire” – Seafret: A heartfelt indie-folk song about the burning desire and intensity of a passionate love. ▶️
51. “You” (Acoustic) – Dan + Shay: A tender acoustic love song about how one person can bring so much joy and meaning to another person’s life. ▶️
52. “Yours” (Wedding Version) – Russell Dickerson: A romantic country ballad about finding your soulmate and committing to a lifetime of love and devotion. ▶️
53. “You Belong To Me” – Patsy Cline: A classic country love song about claiming someone as your own and never letting go. ▶️
54. “You and Me” – Dave Matthews: A laid-back and romantic folk-rock song about enjoying the simple things in life with the person you love. ▶️
Hey there! I am Michael! I wanted to share this list with everyone! Maybe you are a couple struggling to find the perfect song that feels special. Perhaps you are another DJ needing inspiration to help your couples. It is my deepest hope that this list is something that brings you joy, and is a valuable resource to you in your discovery of each other and your passions in life!
More Carefully Curated Music Lists:
Best Dance Songs of 2017
24 Dance Songs of 2017!1. "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran - A catchy and upbeat pop song with a danceable beat and...
Dance Songs of 2016
Top 26 Dance Songs of 2016!1. "Closer" by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey - A catchy and upbeat pop song about a...
17 Modern First Dance Songs (2021)
1. Ed Sheeran/ Beyonce - Perfect 2. Lady Gaga - Speechless 3. Dan + Shay - From The Ground UP 4. James Arthur -...
Best 21 Dance Songs of 2019
21 Dance Songs of 2019!1. "Old Town Road (Remix)" by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - a catchy country-trap song that...
First Dance Songs For Modern Couples In 2023
One of our DJs (Michael Nickolich) has put together this list of song suggestions for their 2023 couples to...
Best Dance Songs of 2018
THEE BEST Dance Songs of 2018!1. "One Kiss" by Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - A funky and upbeat house track with...
Best 17 Dance Songs of 2021
Songs of 2021!As we eased into our new "Normal" and put 2020 behind us these 17 songs will most likely be remembered...
Songs that Dominated Dance Floors in 2020
Dance Songs of 2020!It is no surprise that 2020 was a difficult year for all the reasons, but music is one of those...
Top 25 Dance Songs in 2015
Dance Songs of 2015!Reflecting back on 2015 Dance songs and looking over songs that I personally played heavily that...
Wedding Dance Songs for 2023
One of our DJs has put together this list of song suggestions for their 2023 couples to consider adding to their...
The Dance Floor Hits of 2014
The Top 35 Dance Songs of 2014!Looking back 2014 really was a great year for dance music. It was a year that gave DJs...
(tap on the circles below)